Your Trusted Source For
High-Resolution POP Graphics
What Are POP Displays?
A point-of-purchase (P.O.P.) display is a marketing tool installed at a retail store used to promote a particular product. POP displays increase sales by showcasing the brand, a product’s features, and can even demonstrate how it’s used. Using appealing imagery and creative design, POP signage grabs a consumer’s attention at the physical store at the time of purchase within the checkout aisles, and major foot traffic areas.
While consumers may be tempted to purchase a product through a television commercial, advertisement, or personal recommendation; a point-of-purchase display is a final attempt to have the product noticed and placed into the consumer’s shopping cart. The goal is to prompt an immediate, snap judgment decision from the shopper.
What Is The Function Of POP Displays In Retailing Today?
At its core, the ultimate goal of point of purchase displays is to increase brand awareness and influence the buying decision of the consumer. This means that POP display graphics often feature the brand logo, simple and easy-to-read text, or vibrant images to capture consumer interest or explain its purpose.
Point of purchase displays serves the role of highlighting a specific product or brand in a store where it might otherwise be overlooked or chosen over a competitor. POP displays are intended to sell the product as well as set it apart from other items within a retail space. Common POP display locations are:
- Entrance: Owners can place a POP display graphic immediately at the entrance of the store. This will maximize consumer attention and is a great way to highlight promotions and sales.
- End of an aisle: Commonly referred to as end cap displays, POP displays at the end of an aisle receive more attention and more foot traffic than other areas throughout the store which makes these locations very important to capitalize on.
- Checkout counters: Retailers who have a small, inexpensive, and impulsive new product to offer can capitalize on the consumers waiting in the checkout lines. This prime shelf real estate can be leveraged further with an exciting packaging design and a well-designed point of purchase display graphic. This area is guaranteed to see high foot traffic. In addition, the limited space and ample waiting time between the display and the register leave consumers browsing a confined space and an opportunity to influence a purchase.
- Above the cash register: This is often the case in fast food or fast-casual restaurants that feature an overhead menu. While the menu will contain basic information for every item, select products with higher profit margins or new product offerings will be highlighted with a colorful image, translating to better sales.
- Foot traffic junctions: POP displays are best suited anywhere in a location where foot traffic is higher than normal. As most retail stores feature directional pathing, owners have plenty of opportunities to surprise consumers with great products and deals.
What Are Some Other Types of Point of Purchase Retail Signage?
Retailers should have a store plan to ensure the environment is executed correctly and the graphics fit their vision. There are a variety of point of purchase signage solutions for retail and depend on cost, size, application, and finished execution. Some of these P.O.P. graphics include the following:
- Endcap graphics
- Aisle markers
- Header graphics
- Translite graphics
- Magnetic graphics
- Shelf talkers
- Styrene signs
- Aisle violators
- Printed panels
- Coroplast signs
- Counter cards
- Floor graphics
Get Custom POP Display Graphics with NGS Printing
As a Qualified G7 Master Facility, NGS Printing has a proven track record of producing high-quality signage with the industry’s leading printing technologies. While we don’t design or build displays, NGS partners with many of the nation’s most celebrated display manufacturers, retailers, and product brands to help make their visual graphics stand out from the rest.
NGS Printing continually upgrades its equipment, invests in its employees, and optimizes its processes to ensure we meet the growing demands of our industry. In addition to offering top-of-the-line printing service using leading equipment like the Zund D3, Inca Onset X, Fuji Acuity F, and M&R Processor, NGS Printing offers:
- Direct to the board, wide-format digital inkjet printing
- Wide-format screen printing
- Router cutting
- Shear cutting
- Kit packing / Fulfillment
- Heat bending
- Project Management
- Light Assembly
Every day NGS Printing is working to create only the most dramatic, eye-catching display graphics possible. Bringing over 60 years of experience, NGS Printing is ready to help with all of your POP display printing needs today!
Contact us at 847-741-4411 to Request a Quote for your next POP display!