Coroplast signs are signage printed on printable corrugated plastic made of polypropylene. Similar to cardboard, Coroplast is constructed with two flat printable boards separated by perpendicular interior flutes that build thickness and strength. This makeup gives the signage the lowest price point available of all rigid printable substrates in addition to being lightweight, mobile, and 2-side printable. It’s a flexible graphic that can be utilized in indoor poster board as well as short term outdoor use. Dubbed “plastic cardboard,” Coroplast signs see a wide variety of usage in the enterprise world, including:
- Special event signage
- Informational signs
- Directional indicators
- Menu boards
- Temporary signage
- Promotional advertisement
- Election, campaign or town event indicators
- Short term yard signage
Most commonly seen on the lawn or in front of a store, Coroplast signs are intended to be viewed from the front or the back. This twin wall signage is traditionally printed with only a couple colors to remain eye catching because it usually has a farther viewing distance than other signage types and needs to remain readable. Coroplast signage is used to increase the effectiveness of local or regional marketing, or to generally spread awareness among the public.
With a weather resistant plastic construction, low price point, and rigidity, it’s no wonder why Coroplast graphics are often found as lawn signs. Double-sided printing is also easily possible, maximizing the sign’s range of effectiveness.
NGS Printing can print Coroplast signage as large as 60”x120” in size. When purchasing a Coroplast graphic, NGS Printing also recommends one of these types of mounting hardware:
- Purchasing a metal H-frame or wire stakes (Step Stake) to anchor the sign in the ground.
- Using Velcro to attach the sign to a wall or other existing structure.
- Utilizing double-sided tape as an adhesive.
- Adding holes into the sign and using suction cups with hooks to hang the graphic..
- Purchasing a cardboard easel or finding some other method of self-support.
Each method brings its own advantages and drawbacks. For organizations seeking blanket local promotion, the metal step stake allows both sides of the Coroplast sign to be visible. However, this method is limited to placing the signage in the ground soil.
To maximize the effectiveness of Coroplast signs, NGS Printing suggests the following:
- Print on each side of the Coroplast to enhance promotional visibility.
- Use limited color selection so as not to clutter the image on smaller signs.
- Reduce word dependency, allow the customer to process the full meaning in seconds.
- Design a compelling graphic that makes consumers want to keep looking.
- Make sure the brand logo is clearly visible when applicable.
- Utilize wire stakes or a sign frame to make the sign’s twin walls clearly visible.
NGS Printing has been printing Coroplast graphics for 15+ years which makes them your best option for your next job. NGS Printing can screen print or digitally print at rapid speeds on 1 or 2 sided jobs to meet your tight deadlines!
Contact Us for your next Coroplast project!
Constructed most commonly using: Fluted Polypropylene, Fluted Polyethylene
Coroplast is also known as: Plastic Cardboard, Corrugated Plastic, Fluted Polypropylene, Fluted Plastic