CHANNEL SHELF STRIPS
Channel Strips (also known as shelf strips) are simple but powerful point-of-purchase graphics. Lining the front end of the store shelves, these strips provide price labels and product information, as well as communicates simple brand messages. Unlike aisle violators – which are designed to be used selectively – shelf strips are a universal solution throughout the retail environment due to their informative and unobtrusive nature.
Typically made of polystyrene, card stock or rigid vinyl, channel strips are usually slid into a top and bottom channel from the side which locks them in place on the retail shelf front. Retailers should not let the small size of channel strips fool them into thinking this piece of in-store marketing can’t be useful.
Retail Shelf Strips for Better Marketing
Despite their typical 1 ¼” inch height, channel strips provide a valuable marketing boost. In addition to showing vital information like the price tag, channel strips can provide a splash of color against a usually pale gray shelving backdrop. This pops the label out at the customer’s attention. This in turn allows shelf strips to:
- Signal a sale – using colored shelf strips draws the eye and can be used effectively to illustrate just how much lower the new price tag is than the old one.
- Show vital product information – price labels and unit information are one thing but shelf strips also typically feature the item barcode. This enables smart shopping techniques with portable barcode scanners.
- Demonstrate the brand – sometimes not all products carry their parent brand, even if that name is a proven seller. Retailers can use shelf strips to educate the customer on the spot, increasing the likelihood of a sale.
- Differentiate the products – not all signage goes for flashy and immediate brand recognition. There are always other, quieter brands that may provide better affordability for certain shoppers.
- Increase the likelihood of a purchase – shelf strips are perhaps the most powerful sellers in a retail environment. While other in-store signage is eye-catching, sellers must rely on channel strips to seal the deal.
- Decorate the fixture display – shelves typically need a front lip on them for structural support and a printed shelf strip can be used as an added design element to hide the unsightly shelf edge.
- Cohesive retail environment – Channel strips can be used to make the neutral store shelving match colors used throughout the rest of the store environment or department.
Plastic Channel Strips & Signage that Stands Out
As shelf signage is the final sales pitch, retailers should not opt for the standard, black-and-white pure product data design for every item. Variation is key in effective shelf signage use. Custom printed displays, especially ones that utilize color, are much more likely to attract attention and beautify the store environment. They are a great way to call attention to a new product or sale.
Price labels and product information, however, should still always be provided – but they can be laid out in interesting ways. The shopper’s eyes have already been enticed to the product. Professionally designed and printed shelf signage can provide the info and that final extra “Wow!” to seal the deal and create a point of purchase.
Custom Shelf Strips from NGS Printing
At NGS Printing, we don’t judge channel strips’ importance by its size. Our dedicated and experienced printers will work with you to create a unique and compelling label that will produce results. Our UV screen printing presses and ultra-high resolution UV digital printing presses can handle any size job, and we pride ourselves on bringing the highest quality to every project. It is this commitment to detail that sets NGS Printing above its competition.
Constructed most commonly using: Polystyrene, Card stock, or Rigid Vinyl
Channel Strips are also known as: Shelf Strips
Contact us today for any variety of shelf strip products – from simple product information to augmented-reality enhanced smart signage.